We serve a mix of high-end commercial and government clients, allowing a cross-pollination of innovative ideas and best practices. We frequently bring cutting-edge applications from the private sector to our federal clients and vice versa.
The Clover Leaf environmental team consists of scientists, solution architects, environmental engineers, GIS specialists, and planners who can customize everything from your wastewater plans to air emissions inventory. Our primary services focus on:
- Environmental Information Management Systems
- Air Quality
- Hazardous Waste & Hazardous Materials Management
- Pollution Prevention
- Water Quality
- Conservation and Planning & NEPA Services
- Natural and Cultural Services
- Endangered Species Studies
- Customized Training
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
Using Clover Leaf’s patented email-based software (AutoPilot®), web-based software systems (Enviance®), or custom IT approaches, our experts can design and configure compliance systems to assist you in managing your regulatory requirements. We offer solutions for companies needing an auditable system to handle large amounts of data. We’ve helped clients in numerous locations throughout U.S., including TX, LA, AR, OK, NM, CA, AZ, NV, UT, KS, MO, AL, FL, GA, SC, PA, VA, NC, DE, OH, WV, MI, OR, WA, and AK. We specialize in the following:
- Title V permits
- Air Emission Inventories
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits
- Incidents and Spill Reporting
- Hazardous Waste Tracking.
We are knowledgeable in all aspects of air permitting for federal, state, and tribal jurisdictions. Our services include permit path determination, applicability analysis, Greenhouse Gas emission calculations, regulatory research and interpretation, dispersion modeling, and assistance with annual and semi-annual reporting for Title V permitting and air emissions inventories.
WATER QUALITY: WASTE WATER, STORM WATER, DRINKING WATER
Clover Leaf can help you achieve your water quality objectives and meet regulatory requirements. We will review applicable regulations; conduct site visits, sampling, and inspections; prepare management plans and permits; and recommend control mechanisms.
- Storm Water Management – Our staff can develop plans to prevent contamination of storm water runoff and illicit discharges, and provide support for your National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) programs.
- Drinking Water Management – We can assess potential hazards that may affect water quality of large-scale water systems, and outline operational requirements to maintain purity.
- Waste Water Management – Our programs can help control pollutants in waste water at industrial and commercial facilities before it is discharged to public treatment works.
HAZARDOUS WASTE & HAZARDOUS MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Clover Leaf can help you in all areas of hazardous and special waste, and hazardous materials management. Whether you need onsite management, or assistance with developing plans, tracking inventories, or auditing, we can help you achieve compliance and protect your employees.
Clover Leaf prepares comprehensive Operation and Maintenance (O&M) plans for owner/operators of underground and above ground storage tanks to help prevent damage to the environment. We address fire protection, emergency shut-offs, filling tanks, containment of minor spills, leak detectors, overfill protection, communication port, venting, water monitoring, and preventive maintenance, as well as key equipment components.
If your business or organization stores oil on site, you may be required to have a SPCC plan. Clover Leaf staff will review existing documents; visit your locations to document site conditions, including drainage pathways and spill prevention/mitigation structures and equipment; and inventory petroleum, oil, and lubricants. To ensure regulatory compliance, we’ll develop a comprehensive plan using clear language and graphic explanations, and conduct training for your staff.
The goal of a Pollution Prevention plan (P2) is to reduce or eliminate waste by modifying production processes, and to reduce or re-use materials where possible. Clover Leaf’s P2 plans analyze your hazardous waste, industrial waste, EPCRA, air emissions, energy use, and ODC emissions. We then establish technically feasible goals for reductions in specific media, while promoting the use of non-toxic or less-toxic substances.
NEPA establishes a broad framework to ensure that information on the environmental impacts of federally funded actions is available to citizens before decisions are made. Clover Leaf scientist and planners are experienced in natural and cultural resource management and planning, and can assist you with a range of NEPA compliance requirements. We perform targeted studies in a variety of service areas to support evaluation of impacts and alternatives. Our work encompasses:
- Surveys of fish, herpetological and endangered wildlife surveys
- Tribal consultations
- Section 106 and NEPA documentation
- Fishery management
- Habitat restoration
- Wildlife habitat mitigation
- Environmental Assessments (EAs)
- Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
Clover Leaf provides geodatabase design, geospatial analysis, GPS surveys, enterprise system development, SDSFIE compliance/ migration, and vector layer creation. We are a strategic business partner with ESRI, and use ESRI’s ArcGIS® for key solutions. We can also work with you on innovative uses of commonly available software to maintain and improve your environmental databases. Our GIS staff can provide:
- Custom GIS Application Development
- Geodatabase Design, Development, and Implementation
- GIS Data from Raster Imagery
- GPA Surveying and New Data Creation
- Compliance with Spatial Data Standards
If you have ongoing compliance training requirements or want to learn how a new regulation affects your facility, Clover Leaf can develop and conduct informative and engaging training courses that meet your needs. We also excel in producing clear and beautiful documents for training.
Byron T. Kesner, CHMM, Environmental Specialist
NMARNG Facility Management Office- Environmental Branch